How to get started
This volume provides a definition and overview of process safety, as well as introducing key premises that are foundational to this How to Get Started library.
Process Safety Fundamentals
The International Oil and Gas Petroleum Association (IOGP) has put together Process Safety Fundamentals (PSF). According to the IOGP these have been “developed to support companies as they seek to reduce, and ultimately eliminate, fatal and high severity process safety events. Designed to support those working in front-line operations, maintenance, and on wells teams, the PSF are informed by data and designed to draw attention to situations that are most likely to lead to process safety event fatalities.”
For more information such as tools and a background report on the PSFs please visit IOGP here.
Process Safety Posters
Energy Safety Canada has partnered with Devco Consulting Ltd. to provide a third-party store to purchase resources for process safety.
Process Safety Management Awareness Training
The Process Safety Management Awareness course provides individuals who want to learn about process safety with an introduction to process safety.
- What is Process Safety (Process Safety vs. Personal Safety)
- Process Safety: A Briefing for Senior Managers (Enform sponsored event with Peter Wilkinson, April 13, 2015)
- Critical Control / Barrier Documentation Example
- Example of Barrier-Focused Approach referenced in briefing: ICMM Health and safety critical control management: good practice guide
- Process Safety and the Upstream Industry: Adding Value (Enform sponsored event with Peter Wilkinson, May 6, 2014)