Proof of Vaccination
Proof of vaccination is mandatory at the Energy Safety Canada BC office following the Public Health Officer Order for the Northern Health Region.
Effective December 20, 2021, students, contractors and visitors will be required to show government issued photo ID and proof of vaccination to access all other ESC facilities. ESC will also accept a negative COVID-19 test result within 72 hours, provided by the student, contractor, or visitor prior to accessing an ESC facility.
Regardless of vaccination status, all safeguards, including daily health screening, physical distancing and face masks will remain in place for anyone at ESC’s facilities. All ESC employees, internal instructors and evaluators will be required to confirm that they are fully vaccinated by December 1, 2021.
We are following provincial guidelines and have numerous safeguards in place to ensure a safe environment at all ESC locations:
- Masks are mandatory at ESC Calgary, Nisku and Fort St. John. Where not legislated, masks are encouraged, but not mandatory.
- Physical distancing of two metres to be maintained.
- Students and instructors at ESC Calgary, Nisku and Fort St. John, will be required to wear a mask at all times.
- Students may remove their masks during practical course components and as directed by the instructor.
- Students should arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before start of class.
- Active daily screening questionnaire for students before classes begin.
- Increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing, including classroom equipment.
- Hand sanitizing stations throughout the building.
- Plexiglass barriers at reception areas and Calgary training services area.
Anyone who is feeling unwell is asked to stay home and we will assist with re-scheduling your course. Please take the Government of Alberta COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool or provincial self assessment to determine whether you need to be tested for COVID-19.
Your health and safety is our priority and we look forward to continuing to serve you.
Petroleum Safety Conference 2021
Energy Safety Canada regrets to announce that this year’s Petroleum Safety Conference — PSC 2021 — is cancelled due to the rise in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations.
We recognize the challenges facing both Auditors and Employers from the impacts of COVID-19. We continue to work with our stakeholders and have discussions with Provincial Governments to discuss solutions for Auditors and COR Holders. Below are useful resources.