Acquire a Small Employer Certificate of Recognition (SECOR)
Companies with ten or fewer employees must complete the following steps:
Complete and submit the Certifying Partner Request if your company:
- Does not have a profile with Energy Safety Canada
- Is switching to Energy Safety Canada from another Certifying Partner
- Is new to the Certificate of Recognition Program
Please submit the completed Certifying Partner Request to CORInfo@EnergySafetyCanada.com and allow three days for Energy Safety Canada to review your request. Upon approval, you will receive a welcome letter via email.
View SECOR Fees
Develop and Implement a Health and Safety Management system:
- Use the the Energy Safety Canada Small Employers Certificate of Recognition (SECOR) Protocol
- Before submitting an audit, ensure you have 12 months of documentation to support your company's health and safety management system.
Did you know?
Companies that have at least three months of audit documentation (policy documents and records) may be eligible to receive a one year SECOR.
Perform and Submit a Self-assessment:
- Prepare for your Audit by reviewing the Online Submission Instructions and Resources.
- Register your audit by logging into My Account.
- Pay the necessary fees once the invoice is received.
- Once approval of the registration, use the Online SECOR Audit Tool to submit your audit.
- Please allow two to four weeks for Energy Safety Canada to complete the quality assurance review.
- To achieve a SECOR, the audit of your company’s health and safety management system must receive a passing mark (80% overall with no less than 50% in any one element).
- Upon a successful quality assurance review the company will be notified, and a Small Employer Certificate of Recognition will be requested through the applicable governing body.
- Please allow 10 days from the approval notification date for your certificate to be issued and mailed to you.