Common Safety Orientation
This online course provides new workers with safety messaging that explains safe work practices and how to recognize and address hazards in the workplace. The course is designed to eliminate the need for redundant general orientation training by covering common workplace safety information. Participants will learn the 10 Life Saving Rules, emergency preparedness and response procedures, and how to report both incidents and near misses.
CSO is available online or in the classroom. The online version is available for access on any computer that has a webcam
Upon CompletionThe online course ends with a proctored exam. Upon achieving a passing grade on the exam with a minimum score of 80%, a Certificate of Completion that does not expire will be available to print.
- Personal accountability for a safe work environment
- Arriving ready to work
- Major hazards
- Life Saving Rules
- Worksite maintenance
- Emergency preparedness and response procedures
- Reporting incidents and near misses
- Safe work communications
- Contributing to a respectful workplace
Equipment Requirements for Online Class
- A currently supported version of your operating System for Windows or Apple
- Stable internet connection with a supported web browser
- Web Camera
- Speakers / Microphone (headset recommended)
- Printer to print the certificate after successfully completing the course
- Government-issued, photo ID
- Participants are given five attempts at the final exam. It is strongly recommended to review all course material between attempts. If more than five attempts are required, please contact Customer Service.
- All registrations are booked through Energy Safety Canada
- The course can be accessed at anytime through your online account, for 90 days from initial registration. Our Energy Safety Canada offices are available to support during regular business hours.
- Students who do not complete the course cannot be certified and registration fees will not be reimbursed, as per the Cancellation Policy